6 Reasons to Own a Home
Once Upon a Time a Go…. Being able to say that you, “Own a home”, was at the top of the American Dream list.
For many people, this goal has fallen by the wayside because some of the benefits you used to receive as a homeowner are no longer applicable in our day and age.
However, here are ‘6 Reasons to Own a Home’ that are still true today!
- Happiness – The feeling of owning your own home is unmatched. You can fix it up, make it your own, get a dog, or plant a tree if you want. Doesn’t that sound exciting!
- Tax Savings – The government rewards homeowners by providing excellent tax benefits. The interest paid on your mortgage and other home-related expenses can generally be deducted from your income.
- Appreciation – Home values have a well-documented history of going up over time. This increase becomes equity you can benefit from when you refinance or sell.
- Equity – Renting has often been compared to paying 100% interest, but when you own a home and a mortgage is in place, a portion of your payment goes toward the principal balance on your loan. This builds your equity and acts as a savings account.
- Roots – People who own rather than rent stay in their homes 4 times longer. This provides an opportunity to get to know your neighbors and connect with your local community.
- Education – Research shows children of homeowners earn higher test scores and graduate at a higher percentage than those of renters.
If you’re ready to explore home ownership, give me a call today at 970-985-8555 or contact me below!